Welcome to new visitors from Alchemy Radio (and returning friends)! You're "most welcome" and I'm most happy to see you!
Special thanks to DJ John Gibbons for inviting me over to Alchemy Radio for a little chat, and for being such a gracious, patient, and insightful host!
Here is the interview (which can also be reached simply by clicking the image above):
Below, please find a table of links related to some of the topics we discussed in our conversation, which can serve as a launching point for those who wish to explore them further.
First, however, I must correct myself on one egregious error I made during the interview!
Yes, it's true: although I wish I never said stupid things, it actually happens more often than I care to admit! In the interview above, I made a major gaffe by saying (more than once) that Virgo is ahead of Leo when of course she follows Leo across the sky each night.
Believe me when I say that I actually do know this on an almost-instinctual level (or at least Ishould, as many times as I've blogged about it, put together diagrams which show it, and looked at the two constellations in the night sky), but I was talking way faster than I was thinking, and what I was thinking about was the motion of the sun through the zodiac wheel, which is the motion which is most important when considering the Samson story that I was trying to explain (see below).
Of course, the rotation of the earth each day causes the constellations to move from east to west each night, just like the sun goes from east to west during the day. However, due to earth's progress around the sun throughout the year, the constellations actually rise a bit earlier each night (due to the "forward motion" of the earth), and that causes the sun to rise "in" an earlier zodiac constellation every month.
Therefore, Virgo follows Leo as they cross the sky each night due to the rotation of the earth, but the sun goes through the sign of Leo first as we go through the year (Leo in that way "leads" Virgo). This is the motion that I was envisioning in my head as I was talking in the interview, but I kept talking about Virgo being ahead of Leo when "crossing the sky," which is totally incorrect and very confusing to first-time listeners who might be unfamiliar with this whole system!
So sorry for any confusion, but I hope everyone will forgive that and enjoy the interview!
For help in undoing any confusion I almost certainly must have caused, check out the links below:
- Star myth index (a comprehensive list of many more examples of how the myths of the world relate directly to the motions of the stars and constellations and planets, sun and moon).
- Constellation and star index (a list of previous blog posts that can help you find various constellations and celestial bodies).
- "Star Myths and the Shamanic Worldview, part 3: Abraham and the sacrifice of Isaac" (a little "amateur video" I made, which explains the motion of the earth around the sun that causes the sun to "rise in" different zodiac constellations throughout the year -- the phenomenon I was just explaining above).
- Two posts which argue that both "Hell" and "Paradise" are celestial and metaphorical, and not literal.
- The concept of the "Amen" and the hidden divine spark within that we can "raise up" during this incarnate existence.
- The wonderful books on the constellations by H. A. Rey that I mentioned at the end of the interview.
- The excellent teaching videos of Santos Bonacci on AstroTheology and so much more!
- Humanity's shared shamanic inheritance and the fact that all these celestial metaphors appear to indicate that the ancient wisdom taught a worldview that today we would call shamanic.
- The work of Lucy Wyatt, who perceives the crucial role that the shamanic worldview and shamanic journeys have played in the history of humanity, and who has argued that many developments which conventional approaches cannot explain very well can be seen as products of knowledge obtained from the Other Realm.
- The work of Jeremy Naydler suggesting that the ancient Egyptians were undertaking deliberate and regular shamanic journeys.
- The work of Jeremy Narby suggesting that shamanic journeys could have enabled "conversations" with DNA, and documenting the widespread teaching among shamanic cultures that their medicinal knowledge was acquired when "the plants told us."
- The possibility that this knowledge has been stolen from humanity by those who want to use it for themselves against everyone else.
- The reality of the "War on Consciousness" identified by Graham Hancock (and others).
- The concept of "natural law" or "natural universal law."
Thanks for listening and for visiting, and hope to see you back again soon!
special music: David Bowie, "Starman"